Watching TV is such an easy go to that sometimes we don't even realize we're losing quality moments with our families. Why not plan a special, TV-free evening with the family? Grab a game and get to know one another!
These are a few of our favorites for game night.
1. Apples to Apples- This game of funny combinations will have you're whole family laughing and trying to play to the picker.
2. Skip-bo- A sequencing game with 4 stacks. Be the first to get rid of your pile to win.
3. Dutch Blitz- This Pennsylvania Dutch styled game is fast paced and will have you exclaiming whether in excitement or dismay as you race each other to stack your number cards.
4. Blokus- Like group Tetris starting from the corners and working to fill the whole board.
5. Set- Find a pattern in the cards, pick it up. Collect the most sets to win!
6. Sequence-Played with chips and cars, this game is easy enough for kids but still challenging for adults!
7. Ticket to Ride- Collect card to take railway routes as your own. The longer the better.
8. Phase 10- Each level is a different challenge of card sequence. Be the first to make it through all 10 phases.
9. Chess- This is a classic that all board game lovers need to know. Keep the tradition going and learn how to out think your opponent.
10. 7 Wonders- This strategy game gives you one of the seven wonders. You have to build up you city and establish military supremacy.
11. Monopoly- If you have hours to kill this is the game for you. Just know, you might not be friends with your opponents when the game is over.
12. Rummikub- This tile game works by making combinations of different numbers of the same color or the same numbers of different colors. First to empty their tray wins.