"I am pregnant", "We have a bun in the oven", "We are expecting..." - there are so many expressions to share this most wonderful feeling and event. And there are just as many fun and creative ways to share these great news with your family and friends.
I collected 10 ideas to announce your pregnancy - from traditional to very creative. Get inspired and choose your favorite way to deliver your special news.
1. The traditional greeting card. Let everyone know by sending out greeting cards that present the exciting news or baby's first picture from the sonogram. Unfortunately, you won't be able to see their faces when they read the cards, but you'll surely get a lot of happy phonecalls afterwards.
2. Let the kids do the talking. Do you have other children? Then have them photographed and send the photos out to friends and family. Here are some ideas for you.
3. As we all know the truth about the birds and bees by now, why not say it with mother nature's words?
4. A picture is worth a thousand words. And if you still feel like adding some words, try "Our family is growing by two feet"... or even more?
5. Your pack is expecting another pair of paws? Include your dog in your announcement as delivery guy, soon-to-be bodyguard, or artist.
6. Do the math!
7. Surprise your loved ones! And don't forget the camera to catch the moment. This would make a very nice and unique card for the whole family. Or wear your new t-shirt and see if he pays attention.
8. This event in your life is not just great, it's epic. Why not announce a whole movie starring your new number one? Here are some ideas for movie posters.
9. Pure magic! This is a cute way to tell everybody what happened during the last nine month of your life.
10. Why not ask your favorite star to help with the announcement :)?
These are all fun ways to tell your family and friends about your baby. If you want to hear their excitement, make sure they call you before they open the envelope. And if you are reading this in search for inspiration for your own pregnancy announcement: Congratulations! 🙂